I am not going to call these resolutions because I think when you say that, it allows for failure. Goals on the other hand, are more attainable. So here it goes:
ONE: Move into my own apartment
- This is a big one, and has led to me making a difficult decision in the past 2 weeks. I have decided to move out of my current apartment and move back in with my parents for 6-8 months. They are allowing me to live rent-free for that time so I can save up some, in order to make this goal come true. I have lived relatively independently the past 10 years, so this was hard for me. I grappled with the idea that it would be pathetic and lame for a 28 year old woman to live with her parents. But, I've moved past it, and the move happens in 2 weeks.
TWO: Expand the blog
- This one is an easy one. I plan on getting a total design overhaul, and really scheduling my posts. I also plan on starting a weekly book-related post. Ad swapping. Just...putting more effort into it. I am still learning, but I feel like I have so much more to share :)
THREE: Get healthy. Lower my cholesterol.
- This is a given. Diet changes, exercise more. Simple changes that I know will make a hell of a difference, and I am well aware that I just need to do it. That I can't continue to let my head and anxiety get in the way, and just go out and make it happen. I know it will be worth it.
FOUR: Build up my savings account
- This is tied more into #1. But, I need to be more frugal and smarter about the spending of my money.
FIVE: Take spanish classes/lessons
- I took spanish for 7 years in middle/high school. When I graduated, I was conversationally fluent. I've pretty much lost it, so it is time for me to regain that skill!
SIX: Work on my book, maybe take some creative writing classes
- I started writing a book a few months back. I have like, a chapter and a half written already. I would like to take a creative writing seminar or class to beef up my rusty writing skills.
- Self-explanatory. I am in a service profession as a nurse, but it doesn't mean I don't want to do something fulfilling that I don't get a paycheck at the end of. Altruism is in my nature and in my blood. This is an important goal.
EIGHT: Start an event/party planning side-project.
- I love planning parties and would love to do more of it. Why not offer services to friends and family and see where it goes??
I am sure that I have more goals, but these are the biggies. Notice "love" isn't on the list. Mainly because I realize that I need to work on myself and be myself before I can find true love. I really believe that 2013 is just going to be MY year.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! Hope you have a great time :)